For over 35 years, The Farm Midwifery Center has provided a very special service for mothers, babies and their families.
Women are treated with love and respect, empowering them to fulfill their desire for natural childbirth in a sane and safe home setting.
The holistic approach provided by The Farm Midwives addresses not only physical but also emotional, spiritual, sexual and cultural aspects of each individual.
We believe that childbearing is a significant event for every family and that every mother has the right to a safe and satisfying experience.
- Prenatal Care
- Labor coaching (doula services)
- In-hospital labor coaching
- Delivery Services
- Postpartum care
- Childbirth education
- Breastfeeding counseling
- Cervical cap fitting
- Well-women care
The Philosophy of Midwifery Care
Our practice is in alignment with the basic principles stated in The Midwives Model of Care, based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life processes.
The Midwives Model of Care includes:
- Monitoring the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle
- Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support
- Minimizing technological interventions
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention
The application of this woman-centered model of care has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section.
Copyright (c) 1996-2008, Midwifery Task Force, Inc., All Rights Reserved.