- 30 years of training and service with The Farm Midwifery Center, attending over 1000 births
- Licensed Certified Professional Midwife
- Registered Nursing Degree
- Class Valedictorian, Columbia State College School of Nursing,1995
- Certified Neonatal Resuscitation Educator
- Lab Director, Plenty International, Guatemala, 1978-1980
- Director of Childbirth Education and Training Program for Plenty Belize, 2000
- 2005-2013 Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in a nearby hospital
- 2016 Volunteer with Bumi Sehat Birth Center in Bali Indonesia
- Creator of the Awakening Birth web site and podcast
After receiving her certification and working with The Farm Midwifery Center for a number of years, Deborah worked with Plenty International, serving as the director of a midwifery and childbirth education program, conducting trainings for 12 Mayan women from 10 different villages in the highland region of southern Belize.
In addition to teaching IV Therapy and other classes for The Farm Midwifery Center, Deborah has been one of the primary instructors for the Neonatal Resuscitation Class.
Deborah served on the board of Midwife International, a nonprofit organization that partners with established clinics and professional midwives to provide leadership and midwifery training opportunities abroad.